Hi Guys! I am excited to be participating in the October blog hop for Scrap’N Stamp Canada! This month is all about Distress Oxides and I am here to share some fun backgrounds and cards that I created.
Remember to visit each blog and comment for your chance to win a $50 Scrap’N Stamp Canada Gift Certificate. Want to increase your chances? Visit and comment on each Design Team Members’ social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
The beautiful thing about Distress Oxides is that they give a “chalky” look without any chalk at all! They are a unique pigment/dye hybrid ink that gives an opaque coverage to your light or dark cardstock. These inks tend to look brighter and blend easier.
Creating the Backgrounds
I used a combination of techniques to create today’s backgrounds. From standard ink blending and “smooshing” to adding texture with embossing folders and powders. This technique was really a fun way to “(di)stress”! Click on the video below to see how I created and used each background to create today’s cards!
I am the last stop for this hop! So if you missed anyone or want to start at the beginning here is the complete list with links.
Prizes and Deals!
As always, remember to leave your comments on each blog post and the Design Teams’ social media sites for your chance to win a $50 Scrap’N Stamp Gift Certificate!
To also help inspire you to get “(Di)stressed Scrap’N Stamp os offering 10%off all things OXIDE (yes even the new sprays) with coupon code “OXIDE10”. (Fine print: Not valid with any other coupon, sale or promotion. Valid on instock items only. Expires Oct 6th midnight.)
But wait there’s more!
Click HERE to shop the Sale-a-bration!
Thank you for spending time with me today!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links on this site and in my blog posts contain affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a very small commission at no extra cost to you. This assists me in purchasing new products to try and share with you in future blogs and videos. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and customer service and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
I truly appreciate all the support I receive!
- Neenah Solar White Classic Crest Cardstock
- Fiskars 12″ Sure Cut Paper Trimmer
- Ranger Blending Tool
- Picket Fence Life Changing Blender Brushes
- Ranger Inkssentials Reusable Craft Mat
- Distress Oxide Inks: Faded Jeans, Seedless Preserve, Fossilized Amber, Candied Apple & Cracked Pistachio
- Gemini Junior Die Cutting Machine (with 3D Regency Swirls embossing folder)MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle Dies
- Lawn Fawn Large Stitched Square Stackables
- Hero Arts Snarky Mix & Match Messages
- Hero Arts Starry Night Bold Brushstrokes Cling Stamp
- Carta Bella Just Be You Stamp Set
- Echo Park Alice Wonderland Collection – Wonderland Floral Stencil (Discontinued)
- SSS Clear Tiny Words Stamp Set
- Lawn Fawn Black Licorice Cardstock
- Lawn Fawn Peacock Cardstock
- Concord & 9th Say Hello Dies
- MFT Wonky Stitched Rectangle Dies